Gone are summer days and nights of cool salads and light sandwiches – ‘tis the season for anything you can serve in a bowl and eat with a spoon! I think it’s absolutely necessary to bring recipes for hot and hearty stews and soups when you head out for cool weather camping trips in your new or used RV. Make sure you bring along this camp recipe on your next weekend outing – but we totally wouldn’t blame you if it takes up regular rotation in the meals you make at home, too. It’s just that good!
Beefy Noodle Soup
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 26-oz Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 32-oz beef broth, divided
- 1 packet Beefy Onion soup mix
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 package Amish egg noodles
Other things you’ll need:
- Crock Pot
- Crock Pot liner
- Can opener
- Large bowl
- Meat thermometer
- Place the liner in your slow cooker.
- Lay beef roast in the slow cooker, then whisk together in a separate bowl: soup, soup mix, garlic, and half of broth (just one carton).
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Place lid on slow cooker and set to low heat for 6 hours. If you need it done faster, cook for 4 hours on high heat.
- Use a meat thermometer to check doneness and cook until it’s at least 155 degrees internally. When meat is cooked through, remove lid and shred meat with a fork.
- Add the entire package of egg noodles and remaining half of beef broth.
- Set heat to low and cook for one hour or until noodles are tender.
This is a phenomenally easy recipe, whether you’re at home or in your new or used RV. In fact, if you have kids who love to help in the kitchen, this is an easy recipe for them to help with! Assemble it in the morning and presto – supper is off your mind until you’re almost ready to sit down!
Making mealtime uncomplicated is an essential piece of planning a camping trip, but there’s a lot more to a great adventure than just what you’re eating – and we can help with the rest! Contact us today for help with shopping for, financing, or servicing your new or used RV!